DS Smith Packaging Division have a team of talented packaging designers, experienced in developing innovative solutions for the Retail sector.
Our double and triple wall Heavy Duty corrugated cardboard pallet based solutions are made from natural and fully recyclable ingredients and principally consist of Kraft Liner, Semi Chemical fluting and wet strength adhesives, for optimum performance throughout the retail environment.
We have a range of printing capabilities, dependent upon our client’s needs and the brief requirements to fully exploit all opportunities to promote your products in store and “behind the shop front” throughout the retail supply chain.
KEY ADVANTAGES FOR THE RETAIL SECTOR
- Easy and safe loading and handling
- Design, Graphic and pack testing service available.
- Rapid concept to production timeline
- Raw materials sourced exclusively from FSA approved forests.
- Wide range of solutions for the whole retail supply chain
Multiple Retailers and their suppliers are now realising the significant cost savings of industrial corrugated cardboard packaging designs for bulk transit and warehousing.
Bespoke Heavy Duty boxes can be produced within 2 to 3 weeks, with minimal tooling costs, unlike plastic and metal containers. "Spikes" in retail demand can mean that regular containers such as plastic Dolavs are fully committed. Large, high-performance corrugated pallet packs can be supplied in very short lead times, with graphics printed to maintain store or manufacturer's branding.
Our corrugated bulk boxes (double or triple wall) can also reduce costs by typically replacing 48 smaller cases on a standard pallet, together with the associated inventory, space and labour savings.
Our creative Retail packaging solutions are developed jointly by listening to our customers needs and working together with our experienced Packaging Designers and Engineers. Packaging ideas are fully tested before production in our UKAS and BSI accredited laboratory, so you can be sure our Retail packaging will perform in the conditions and environment appropriate to your needs and those of your customer.
Other DS Smith retail packaging solutions include
- Fresh produce POP (Point of Purchase) packs.
- Waste containers to aid "Back of Store" recycling.
- Corrugated cardboard Stax pallets.
- Easy Pack – perfect for Inbound easy access & handling
- Pallet boxes – strong & lightweight, ideal for general outbound logistics