DS Smith Packaging Division have an established reputation for the design and manufacture of Heavy Duty Bulk Packaging for the Chemical and Plastics industries.
Our double and triple wall Heavy Duty corrugated cardboard Intermediate Bulk Containers are made from natural and fully recyclable ingredients and principally consist of Kraft Liner, Semi Chemical fluting and wet strength adhesives, for optimum performance throughout global export markets, shipping weights in excess of 1200kgs.
KEY ADVANTAGES FOR THE CHEMICAL AND PLASTICS INDUSTRY
- High “strength to weight” ratio
- Telescopic solutions for varying product densities
- Rigid IBC's for pressure sensitive products
- Optional Duabond (metal free) joint
- Supplied “Layflat” saving 90% space prior to fill.
- Compared to drums, 30% improved space utilisation.
Hybrid3 is a new 1000 litre bulk liquid shipper which can also be used for storage of non hazardous liquids
Being completely customizable and recyclable, DS Smith Packaging Division IBC's are a perfect alternative to FIBC's, Plastic Totes and all types of rigid containers.
Our semi-bulk containers are produced and printed to your specific requirements, in turn, presenting a professional image, optimizing the whole supply chain and generating significant savings.
DS Smith Packaging Division products are manufactured from 100% high quality paper and can be fully recycled, or re-used, subject to condition, so good for the environment too!
Our bulk chemical and plastic packaging solutions are developed jointly by listening to our customers needs and working together with our experienced Packaging Designers and Engineers. Packaging concepts are fully tested before production in our UKAS and BSI accredited laboratory, so you can be sure our chemicals and plastic packaging will perform in the conditions and environment appropriate to your needs and those of your customer.
Other DS Smith chemical & plastic packaging solutions include
- Regular Octabins for use with 1140 x 1140 pallets & content weights up to 1250 kgs.
- Irregular Octabins for use with 1200 x 1000 pallets
- Ready for Use Octabins for components and ingredients up to 1200 kgs.
- PowerPly heavy duty cardboard boxes for export.
- Pallet boxes with cardboard pallets suitable for airfreight
- Export Boxes for worldwide distribution
- Bulk Liquid (Hybrid3) for 1000 litres of liquid egg, oils, butter etc.
- Pallet "wraps" for securely bundling 25kg sacks on a pallet
DS Smith Packaging Division are members of the CIS - Chemical Industries Association